Sunday, February 23, 2014

Using DiyFish


Here I am, setting up for my day...still using DIYfish inserts. Now, I haven't really been plagued with "planner rash", where you aren't happy with whatever new set up you try. You're always itching for a new planner or a new system that will work. I genuinely have only tried the Filofax week on 2 pages and this new system from DIYfish. It's working for me, I haven't felt the need to change anything. I do get a bit of a hankering for...bigger rings? Simply because I want to carry more inserts with me. However I don't think there's any justification for this as I don't plan that far ahead and what I do plan for that far in advance is covered by yearly/monthly inserts that Fish has already implemented in her system. (I can talk myself out of anything! It's a gift. ) 

That's not to say that I am not still tweaking what I am working with. I added monthly tabs to my sides. You can also see that I added the clear color coding book marker as well to my system. This is useful...but like I said previously I STRUGGLE to use this. I know that someday when I want to go back and look at a particular thing the color coding will save me. But, for now I have to remind myself to mark my pages and to remember to code where it's needed. 


DIYFish has a Facebook group now! Very helpful group of ladies who seem to understand the ins and outs of this system. I admit we make it harder than it is to print and use...but there is a bit of a knack to it. I consider this system useful for someone who wants to track everything! And you LOVE to track everything! On the Facebook group, Fish herself posted a photo of the top of her Filofax. It showed numbered tabs for the months. I HAD TO HAVE THIS. (sometimes I don't talk myself out of things and I insist that I MUST have them.) Oddly enough, even though I called Korea and spoke to some very precise speaking Koreans, they would not sell me these tabs Fish uses. So I had to make my own!! Like what? LOL. They're actually not too bad, but instead of handwriting, I wanted to use my labeler to give it that professh look. :) 

These were the smallest tabs I could find the day I was doing this...and I don't mind the colors, so I went with it. However, I know that Avery makes printable numbered tabs, so I may go that route in the upcoming months. 

Overall, still using system. Still making it work. Tweaking. Changing. Lots of realizations about how I organize and plan. I'll post my last week, next! 

-Peace Love Plan Ahead Always!
Wayword

No comments:

Post a Comment