Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ready? Ok!

Whats that saying about the journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step? Yeah. That.
Where to begin? 

Let's start with this squishy business that is my Black/Pink Buffalo Touch Me Leather Van der Spek!! It has 30mm rings...which basically makes my planner a fatty. I love this planner. It smells good. It holds a lot. Has nice pocket placement and wide pen loop. The essentials. 

Where to start? Pick a planner. Decide to use it. It helps if you love it. But even if you don't, DECIDE to use it. There's a difference between using a planner and collecting them because you like collecting binders. Both hobbies are equally fun and exciting. However, what I am writing about is using a planner. 
Some of the best looking planners are the ones that are well used and bursting at the seams with appointments and information. 
If we want to get anywhere with staying organized and on top of our lives, we must decide that we will use what we have available to us. 
From composition books to this awesome VDS binder, I have learned that to be really effective I have to decide to use my planner every day. Just like in a relationship, I talk to my husband every day. We check in. We talk. We discuss. We remind each other of all the things we want the other to remember. 
It's a sickeningly sweet parallel. But it's true. Say your vow. Promise to use your planner every day. 

I do. 



I also have learned that I can't cheat on my planner...with other planners. Oh my gosh!! We're so sealing the deal and going to the chapel to get married to our planners!! 
This isn't to say you can't have multiple binders! I will maintain my kid binders, recipe binders and fitness binders...but for all information and appointments regarding my life...THIS. IS. MY. BINDER.
This is where I find my stuff. Who I check in with. Who reminds me. I can't be jotting info into my Malden, my original and my VDS and expect to maintain the same quality of relationship...can I?

No. 


Gotta be faithful to recording your life..."all in one place". 


This doesn't seem like much. But oh. 
If you had a planner bug bite you at any time. You are sick. And you will want to own every planner you see on your Facebook planner group. 
And you will want to make new set ups for every binder you meet and you will start spreading your information to all your multiple planners and never really experience planner nirvana with that ONE planner. 

So aside from making planner love sound like marriage...my point. 

1. Find a book/binder/planner and decide to use it. 

2. Stay faithful to recording and planning your life in that one planner. 

More to come! 

-Wayword




No comments:

Post a Comment