Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Habits: Day 2

2. Check it daily. 
This is a skill. Haha! I am finding that the thing I admire in successful people is their ability to maintain a routine that contributes to their success. My husband is a creature of habit. Sometimes its borderline insanity how closely he follows a schedule. However, he is someone who hasn't missed a day of work in 6 years, doesn't get sick, isn't overweight, doesn't gamble or smoke and has no known health problems. I admire this for so many reasons. The number one reason is that he is happy. Number two is that he is successful in his career and has a good balance of home and job. Lastly it's that it comes easily him because of his habits and schedule. 
All that said... I am not really like that. So I must find my own way. 

That leads me to my planner and how I 'manage myself.' So here we are at How to Create Habits #2. Check it daily. It's simple. If you don't use a your tools you are a boat without a paddle. 
I want to be effective in my life. 
Everyday. 
Every way. 
My life with a husband, three kids, two dogs, two cats and a hamster is a busy one. We have band, cheer, drill team, soccer, dance, football and church. Sometimes I can't remember what day it is. And I do forget events and appointments if I'm not playing my A game. 
To be the successful person I want to be means managing myself. 

Habits are simply routines that we put ourselves through on a daily basis. Some of our habits are by choice. Some are by nature. They can be good or bad. 

I'm choosing as many good ones as I can! Today I completed 5 of the 6 habits I've chosen to work on. Yay! 

And to share a bit of what I'm doing...
I'm reading through a book on how to study the Bible effectively. 
It's called Living By the Book. It's older and was recommended to my by a friend who knows I like to study the Bible. 
I enjoy creating the habit of reading a book for 30 minutes a day! 

And to not completely be boring ho-hum. Take a look at my Corgi puppy Dixon! Look at the reception he gets with these ears! Haha! 

-Pillowfarmer



No comments:

Post a Comment