Sunday, April 21, 2013

Say what?

I am so not sure what to make my blog about. I am interested in SO many things. At the same time I don't really shine at any one thing? So...it makes picking a topic difficult.

Here is what I made for dinner. Dutch Oven Potato Soup and Corn Bread Muffins. It's totally a diabetic diet nightmare....but it was enjoyable. There is some element to it, that I don't really like, I can't figure out what it is. This is the second time I have made this. The first time I thought to add liquid smoke to it, sort of adding a smokey flavor to it? This time I didn't add any liquid smoke and it still had something...something I didn't like. However, my whole family REALLY likes this soup! I only had one small bowl for leftovers. 

Of course you have to add bacon, sour cream and cheese on the top...and you have to add enough that you cannot see your soup! 

We went to Sushi Maru on Saturday. I dated a Japanese guy and a guy who was at one point a sushi chef...so yeah, I like sushi! But, my Chris had never had it! So it was a good adventure out on a Saturday night! I had spent the morning earlier working my butt off for work. Then I came home and laid around for like 3 hours. 


This guy! Convinced me to go out for sushi and a movie! I heartily said yes to this. I needed to just have some down time. For such a fun loving person I have a really hard time letting go and having fun. 

Then I came home after seeing "Evil Dead" at the theater and made this! Don't let the fruity goodness of cranberries and limes fool you. This is loaded with vodka and peach schnapps. lol I was personally...really freaked out by that movie. Took a lot of booze to relax me and make me get ready for bed. 

Next time I will be trying a different potato soup recipe...I will try a different sushi house...but I'll keep drinking the vodka. 
-Wayword

No comments:

Post a Comment