Sunday, April 21, 2013

With my Sticks!



One of my co-workers, Nancy is having her first baby girl in May. She is naming her Morgan. Morgan already has 5 brothers! I love that Nancy isn't afraid to have children. Lots of women I meet in the work place seem to have a 'limit'or number in their heads of how many children you 'should' have. 
I dislike 'shoulds'. 
I found out 2 weeks ago that we are throwing a baby shower for Nancy and Morgan this Friday. So I cast-on my four stitches and away I went! It's a good size so far. In my experience, I used small sized blankets the most with my kiddos. It's not fun hauling around huge big blankies all the time. It 'should' be finished by Friday. I am thinking of adding a bright purple ribbon to the border...like weave it into the edge. Sort of brighten it up and hopefully make it a little more...complex? 

This is my next knitting class! I am just about finished with the mitts from my cable class. It was a wonderful class. The teacher was informative and really smart about knitting. So I signed up for another class. The technique this time is beading with your knitting. I'm stoked. And so far...aside from Morgan's blanket...everything I have knitted this year has been for me!! So I'll keep it up! haha! 

-Wayword

No comments:

Post a Comment